Monday, August 23, 2010

BJP - July

A simple planned piece. This project is about discipline.
Lately I couldn't resist improvising. I kept changing my projects during the working process. I was not satisfied with the results. Two projects were so ugly, I had to hide them..., so I stopped the working process completely and started all over again. 
I planned a simple project, not pretentious. Worked step by step, exactly the way I planned it.
It certaily was a very important lesson for me. Difficult not to act impulsive, but worth it. 
פרויקט מתוכנן. אין חריגות מהתכנית המקורית שהיא פשוטה, ללא תחכום הן באשר למרחב בחלל והן באשר לצבעים.
לאחרונה מצאתי את עצמי מאלתרת. הדברים בוצעו מבלי שאשקיע מחשבה מראש. איכשהו, תמיד בפרויקט היה היה גם דבר מה לא שלם, לא נכון, שניתן היה למנוע אם היתה חשיבה ותכנון מוקדם.  
לכן - החלטתי "לחתוך", לשנות באופן מהותי את הגישה שלי לשאר הפרויקטים השנה.
לאחר התכנון הקצר - הפרויקט נעשה באופן מהיר, ללא התלבטויות. הוא נראה "נקי" בצורתו. משהו שיהווה בסיס לפרויקטים הבאים.
שעור חשוב בשבילי....אולי גם לחיים...

2 comments:

  1. This is very, very pretty! I love the way the beads intertwine as they hang down, and the simple yet striking idea to put a number of beads in each button hole is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, because whenever I try to plan something out, it doesn't come out at all well, as if the beads have their own ideas of how things should happen -- and they really do know best!

    ReplyDelete